Te Puiaki Kaiwhakaako Pūtaiao | The Prime Minister’s Science Teacher Prize
The 2021 Prime Minister’s Science Prizes application process is not open yet and will open in July – date to be confirmed. Information below could change or be updated in the interim.
Guidelines for submitting an entry
The application process will be completed through the Prime Minister’s Science Teacher Prize Portal
The Prime Minister’s Science Teacher Prize is nominated and so therefore:
- The Nominator will enter their details through the portal. They must be someone who is able to comment on the nominee’s work and answer questions based around the selection criteria.
- The Applicant completes the Application Template. The Application Template includes:
- Addressing some questions that relate to the criteria
- Declaration Form
- Room to add material for the Evidence Portfolio. This can be up to 10 pages.
- The Principal also needs to comment via a Referee template which is available through the portal.
- They will also be asked to comment on how well the nominee meets the criteria.
- Submit a brief plan on how the school would use the prize if the nominee was successful in winning the Prize.
- Applications must be received by 5pm, 8 October.